Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Games I'm Playing This Love Month

We're near the halfway mark to February and the hype-train for Valentines day is in full force. I'm sad though because my girlfriend and I won't be able to spend our 2nd Valentines together. Then again, I really am not concerned about Valentines cause I think it's just another way for businesses to siphon off money from us. So what if I'm going to spend my Valentines with my family? Nothing wrong with that right? For me, what's wrong is the fact that most people make too much of a bid deal out of the 14th of February. Wouldn't it be better if you professed your love to your significant other everyday? It'll be better if the both of you played videogames instead of going to a posh restaurant where you're bound to have your pockets emptied.

Well enough of the bitterness and on to the topic and purpose of this site: to document my lazy gaming habits. In my last post (which was a about a couple of weeks ago), I said that I'd finish Bionic Commando before my flight to Manila on the 26th. True to my lazy nature, I didn't finish the game or any other game in my backlog of 58 Steam games for that matter. Anyway, I've thought long and hard about this and I'm thinking of finishing three games in a month's time. Right now I'm working on Devil May Cry 3 and 4 as well as Darksiders 2. I thought of starting with 3rd person beat-em ups first because for me they're easier to complete and personally, I just like playing these kinds of games.

Devil May Cry 3 is the first game on this list that I'm playing and I just managed to beat Agni and Rudra earlier. At a rate of 5 missions a day (more or less), I'll probably beat the game by February 14.

On a side-note, I'm currently learning how to program using Python and I also downloaded an app on my ipad called Artrage. I really want to try my hand at developing a simple game just to see if I could. Remember that I have no prior experience with programming (I took up a class in Turbo Pascal way back in high school and I've completely forgotten all about it, so that doesn't count) much less game design so this project of mine will probably take longer to materialize. Art is a different matter though. I've been doodling/sketching for years and although I'm not really that good at it, I really enjoy the whole experience. Will probably post a couple of pages from my sketchbook as well as my Artrage output.

That's all for now guys. Keep on playing and dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment